Monday, June 3, 2013

Monthly Menu June 2013

I have been focusing on needlepoint and reading recently and haven't been blogging as much, so I've been behind on posting the weekly menus.  Yet, I finally sat down and tried a monthly menu, which was a goal of mine.  With a little help from Mike, it really wasn't that hard! 

So here is June:



I didn't include the veggies since those will depend on what is available at the farm stand each week.  Our veggies usually rotate through green beans, peas, carrots, broccoli, corn, and salad. 

To make the menu, I looked at the following:
  • What we already had made and frozen in the freezer.
  • What meals we'd like to make fresh that take time and thus needed a weekend day.  
  • Spreading out meals, but letting things we really like to repeat more often.  
  • Trying to have fish once a week.  
  • Trying not to have things that are similar close together.  
  • Remembering what the kids love and what they won't eat.  (Usually I supplement meals they don't like with sides they do, such as bread and butter, corn on the cob, peas, apple slices, biscuits, etc). 


No comments:

Post a Comment