Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Letter I Week

I had a hard time finding letter I items for this week.  There are many little words for letter I, like I, is, it, in, and if, but these seemed difficult for teaching the letter since they are really sight words.  Other I words were too conceptual, such as idea. 

Books:
If You Give a ... series by
Should I Share My Ice Cream by Mo Willems
Wimberly's Ice Cream Star by Kevin Heneks
Ice Cream by Elisha Cooper
If You're Happy and You Know It by Jane Cabrera
If You're a Monster and You Know It by Ed Emberly
I Wanna Iguana by
Imogene's Antlers by David Small

Other I ideas were island, ice, indigo, and insect, but I couldn't find any appropriate titles in the time I had.

 Natalie really liked reading about ice cream this week.  She did a very good job pointing out the letter I on the covers of the books even though they had different fonts.  It was also this week that I really noticed that Natalie knows print moves from left to right.  A few times, she pointed to "ice cream" moving in the right direction as if she were reading.

I loved our craft this week.

Natalie enjoyed using magnets on the print outs I had for the letter I. We also did some work with numbers this week.  The same site we get the magnet puzzels from had a puzzel matching inchworms with their leaves.  It was hard, but Natalie and I got through it. 




Letter I Playlist

No comments:

Post a Comment