We had a rainy morning where we had no activites and couldn't go play in the park. So, I quickly looked up rain cloud crafts and pulled this together for the kids. They both loved it, and I was particularly impressed with how great a job William did (not even two yet!).
What You Need:
- White cardstock
- Blue construction paper
- Red pipe cleaner
- Google eyes
- Glitter glue (my kids liked spreading it with a brush after squeezing it out)
- Cut out the cloud and raindrops.
- Measure out the ribbon (or yarn or string).
- Glue pieces together. Try to let your child direct where to it everything. Gluing on the pipe cleaner mouth will be the hardest.
- Decorate with glitter glue.
- Cotton balls on the cloud
- Tissue paper or foil rain drops
- Add extra features like pink cheeks, eyelashes, hands and feet, or a bow.
- Read. Little Cloud by Eric Carle or It Looked Like Spilt Milk by Charles G Shaw.
- Go look at the clouds. You can keep it causal and just talk about the shapes, or you can learn the names and look for them in the sky.
- Go on a rain walk. You can get all dressed up in boots and rain coats and even umbrellas, or just run out and get wet if its a warm day!
- Sing" Rain Rain Go Away" or recite "Its Raining. Its pouring."
- Learn about the water cycle.