So, at long last, an update on the kids.
- Can pick out her own clothes from the dresser and gets dressed 100% by herself.
- Rides the bus to school.
- Is getting used to the school rules and routines and tells me about them.
- Is learning the days of the week at school.
- Shows a lot of interest in reading a digit clock, though usually reads it backwards.
- Can wash by herself in the bath.
- Can undo a seatbelt, but knows not to when driving.
- Can open the door to get outside, though still sometimes worries about getting hit by the screen door.
- Starting to learn names of classmates
- Continues to be more accepting of trying new foods
- Continues to be more accepting of being wet or dirty
- Has graduated to sitting in a regular chair for meals.
- Can name his friends.
- Uses emotion words - sad, happy, upset, scared, frustrated
- Plays pretend - cooking (even without pretend food toys), taking on characters from TV with props, taking care of a baby
- Has moved from Blankie to Sheep
- After a few months, has started to sleep with the light off again
- Loves to be read to
- Getting better at colors
- Knows if there is two of something
- Can identify letter W, and knows the other letters are letters (ex. commented that their were letters in his alphabet soup)
- Says he is drawing or painting actual things
- Participates in dinner conversation telling about his day (though often is inaccurate)
- Can name all the Star Wars characters
- Has been to the ER
- Uses the word "because"
- Memorizes books, especially Dinosaur Roar