Monday, May 7, 2012

Delightful moments

I've had a couple delightful William moments the last few days that I want to jot down before I forget them in the hectic rush of our every day life.

A couple days ago it was rainy and cloudy. It was the kind of day that before kids I would have snuggled under a blanket on the couch reading until I fell asleep. Well, Natalie was napping in her room, and I nursed William until he fell asleep. I had a blanket over him and a cup of tea. It was like before, only a bit better in some ways because I got to look at William sleeping peacefully in my lap.

Yesterday I took the kids on a walk while Mike started cooking dinner. I stopped several time to show William things. I forget to do that because until recently he was too young. I showed him a dandilion and giggled when I tickled his cheeks and feet with it. I let him hold it and he inspected it throughly without trying to eat it. I then showed him the white dandilions. He looked pretty fascinated when I slowly blew away the seeds. I also showed him a big feather, and he looked interested. Same with a sparkly rock.

Today at play group, I played peekaboo with William under and over the slide. He laughed and kept trying to push through thr tunnel to get to me.

William is so busy as Mike's mom would put it that its hard to get these moments together, so I'm feeling pretty lucky to have gotten a few so close together.

And one moment about Natalie. At play group today she was excited to climb up the slide and go down it all on her own. She kept telling me to watch her. At one point, she tripped and hit her head on the wall. She was so mad she didn't want me to touch her at frist, but then she wanted Baby Kitty back and to be held. I thought for sure that was the end of the slide, but she then says "I try again." And she played on it for the rest of play group taking turns wonderfully. The best part was seeing how happy she was that she could do it by herself. It really made me feel great with all the set backs from the JRA.

No comments:

Post a Comment