But other than this, we have had several things go wrong of the last few days:
- I tried to give her some rice cereal out of a box that had been open for a while and mixed it with water (because bothering to pump for 2 oz is just not worth it anymore). Well, something about it made her gag. And she gagged so bad that she actually threw up. Not just spit up where a small amount of colored spit comes out. But a pouring of liquidy rice cereal out of her mouth in two big bursts. I couldn't help but feel guilty that me giving her that cereal versus something else caused the vomiting.
- Today at her play date, I tried to pull the straps for their high chair out from under her bum, and I made a huge scratch on her thigh and she cried.
- The plastic swallowing thermometer case incident of yesterday.
- The other night after her shots, I feel like it took me way longer than it should have for me to figure out that her leg was bothering her.
- She has a random bruise on the back of her leg. Mike thinks it might be from plopping down hard on her butt with a toy in the way.
- She has a big scratch down the side of her nose that I'm not sure where it came from. A finger nail? A paper cut from a magazine? Something else?
On a different note, we are also nearing the approach of weaning. It is actually making me a little sad. Even now, the last few days, Natalie has been ending out nursing sessions very abruptly by getting fussy and rolling away off my lap. Sometimes, she comes right back to me. At night, this is putting a bit of a damper on our calm bed time. I think we need to tweak it a little to accommodate for her changing behavior.