Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Baby Shower Book Basket (work in progress)

I was the first of my friends to have a baby, so the first baby shower I went to was my own.  I've always made a basket of items for showers largely made of items my kids had out grown and including items from the registry and our favorites. I think in the future I will do a basket of ALL books and label each with the age.  As much as I love Where the Wild Things Are, Goodnight Moon, Brown Bear, and The Very Hungry Caterpillar, these will not be included because they are such common shower gifts. I hope to instead share the more obscure titles we've loved.  Also included would be a reading list by age, which I've never made, and should!

Newborn (b&w)
Three months (cloth / teethers)
Six months
Nine months (flaps/ sensory; Where's Spot)
One year (Hear Are My Hands; Max Drives Away)
Eighteen months (Miasy's Train)
Two years (Have You Seen My Duckling; Leo the Late Bloomer)
Three years (Green Eggs and Ham; Cookies Week; If You... )
Four years

Also, think about including:

Read Aloud (Pooh Bear, Ramona, Mouse and the Motorcycle)
Fairy tales (Yummy by Lucy Cousins)
Nursery rhymes (Rosemary Wells)
Parenting (Einstein Never Used Flashcards ; Baby and Toddler 411; Baby Led Weaning?, Breastfeeding Made Simple)
Girl (Paper Bag Princess)
Boy (William's Doll)
My Body Belongs to Me
Tenth Great Thing about Barney (check title)

No comments:

Post a Comment