Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mouse Paint Mice


\


What You Need to make your mice exactly like ours:
Copy of Mouse Paint
Thin white paper or tracing paper
Pencil
White craft foam
Pink felt
Glue
Red marker
Red, yellow, and blue tissue paper

What to Do:
I first picked out three mice I liked from the illustrations, and then I traced their bodies on the white paper.  I cut out the tracings, and outlined them onto the white foam.  I then cut out the pink pieces freehand looking at the pictures.  The ears were the easiest since they're just ovals; the limbs and tails took a bit more thought.  Once the pink was glued on, I drew on the eyes.

I thought for a long time about how to make the paint.  Making them to be the exact shape of the mice would have made it too much like a puzzle where only one fit with each mouse.  I thought that would be too hard for Natalie, even though that would look the most like the illustrations.  I originally wanted to make three paint jars, but I decided to just make paint blobs because it was easier and faster and this craft was sitting half done on my desk. 

Substitutions:
You could use all felt or all foam if you like.  Also, you could make your mice out of paper or card stock.  I had bought red sparkly pom poms for the eyes, but they were too big.  What I had really wanted was red sequins.  I think that colored cellophane would work much better than the tissue paper, but I didn't have any or see any at the craft store.  (I also don't know if I would have bought three whole roles just for this little project).  

No comments:

Post a Comment