Monday, November 14, 2011

I haven't written in a while because we've been pretty busy. This past weekend I hosted my book club for the first time. This meant cleaning the house and providing refreshments. I was worried about what to serve, but Mike and I came up with meatballs because that is what his aunt often has at birthdays. At first I was going to buy frozen ones, but then I decided to look for a wheat and egg free recipe I could have. I found several but settled on this one:

2 lb hamburger
1 1/2 cup wheat and egg free bread crumbs
2 "eggs" of Enr G egg re placer
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
3 cans pasta sauce
Grated Parmesan cheese option
Sub rolls optional

I mixed the egg re placer by itself and then mixed everything together with my hands. The egg re placer worked great! It made the bread crumbs stick. I baked them at 350 (or was it 375?) For 20 minutes on cookie sheets with parchment paper. I got 32 meatballs. I then kept them in the fridge overnight (since I made then the day before when the baby sitter was here) and put them in the crock pot with the sauce several hours before book club.

The reception of them was pretty good. Everyone ate them. I had especially made sure they were dairy free for another member. Mike thought there'd be a bit better is they were less dense, so next time I might use less lean meat and a little less bread crumbs. I loved them and I had never had meatballs before! Natalie also liked them and she hasn't been eating her dinner recently.

Speaking of which, that phenomenon very well could be her teething. With her other 20 teeth, Natalie was never that bothered. Maybe it was because she used teether as a small baby. But these 2 year molars are really bothering her. This past night was the first night in almost a week that she didn't whine or cry in her sleep. At first we thought it was nightmares, but then she had a huge melt down on evening. Then we thought she might be sick, but I saw the teeth the next morning. When the teeth are bothering her, she cries over everything and really regresses on her skills, the big on is saying she can't climb up and down from the couch. She moves like her whole body hurts. She was very good about taking some Tylonal and I think it helped some. Thankfully, the teeth aren't bothering her constantly. We were still able to go to a play date and she went out twice with Mike on Saturday. We went to a wickless candle party for an hour yesterday, but it was their dog that got that going on a downward spiral and the teeth just added to it once we got home. (Not that their dog did anything but walk near her. She is now terrified of dogs since Halloween).

No comments:

Post a Comment